PIL is committed to goals that have long lasting effects on the organisation, stakeholders, society and the environment.
Our social support is not limited by the physical boundaries of the world. We render assistance to places in need during catastrophe and disasters. Some of the charitable work we have assisted includes the following:
- Typhoon Haiyan
- Ebola outbreak
- Tana River Life Foundation
- Association for Persons with Special Needs (APSN)
Growing maritime talents through higher tertiary education and the granting of scholarships (e.g. MaritimeOne Scholarship).
We recognise the importance of being environmentally responsible to the health of the earth. To minimize our impact to the environment, we have adopted several improvements to our vessels including :
- Slow steaming
- Modification of bulbous bow
- Trim optimization
- Hull cleaning and Propellers polishing
- 24 hours real time monitoring of vessels of minimize fuel consumption at sea